Tuesday 5 August 2008

Football League Preview-well sort of

I was asked by a friend of mine the other day which I thought was the most under-rated sporting event in the sporting calendar in terms of its profile and its media coverage. After a few minutes of deliberation I went for the Olympic Games. This is supposed to be the greatest sporting event in the world. The whole countries attention should be on it. But yet with just 3 days to go till the start we are hearing more about the start of the football league season. I quiet frankly couldn't give a monkeys.

When watching Sky Sports news yesterday it took a whole hour for them to mention the Olympics in any kind of way. I know Sky have no coverage on the event but still I think this is shocking. They seemed more interested on Ben Muirhead's impending move to Darlington.

So for the next three weeks while the Games is taking place I wont be mentioning football once, because it simply doesn't deserve it. I'm going to make my way through my previews starting with the Conference but promise that Football won't inter-fear with this summers premier competition.

1 comment:

Oliver Taylor said...

How do you feel now? I think the Olympics are picking up coverage now medals are up for grabs?