Wednesday 23 July 2008

Out of Jail

I haven't written a blog in sometime due to my inability to get to a computer. But as I am finally am to I'm going to start with one of the biggest descions in world sport that we heard last friday. The descion not to allow Dwain Chambers to run in this years Bejing Olympics.

In my opinion this ruling shouldn't have even gone this far. When the original ban was imposed 5 years ago. The BOA shouldn't have even allowed an appeal for the ban. To be honest no ban whether it be for drugs shouldn't be allowed to be appealed against. it simily underminds the goverening body who inforced the ban.

For some years now I have been against sportsman who have taken drugs to ever be involved in sport again. Ben Johnson is maybe the obnly athlete who has been treated in the way I would like every sportsman to be treated, with the respect that showed the sport, none at all.

Any sportsman found guilty of taking performance enhancing drugs should be banned for life. End of story. This way any sportsman who does it knows what they are giving up if they do it and what they could be giving up, there careers.

Until this rulling is introduced then athletes will continues to take drugs, get off with an 8 month band and return to the sport as quickly as they left it.

I'm not sure I've ever punched there air when I've listened to the news before. but when I heard of Friday's decsion I was delighted.

I'll be honest I hate Dwain Chambers. How dear he drag the reputation of a dying sport along with him to achieve a goal he destroyed himself when he was caught all those years ago.

Justice has been done at last, but not until lifetime bans are introduced, will drugs finally we demolished from our sport.

No comments: